Pages

Tuesday 8 February 2011

Cycle style

Yakkay's helmet and hat in one

I love cycling. Growing up in The Netherlands there was no one who hadn't learned how to cycle by the time they turned 5. No school buses, no parents in cars blocking the road, no lollipop ladies, just thousands of kids cycling to school through sun and snow. Now, living in the UK things have changed. I still cycle, but am part of only a small minority of students who do so. Cycling here seems to be directly associated with lycra and reflective yellow vests, even though cycling is something anyone can do in any type of clothing (I even cycled to my secondary school's graduation ceremony in my formal dress...).

Thus my favourite new find of the day is Cycle Chic, showing that cycling in style is not impossible.


1 comment:

  1. Dit is de eerste blogpost die ik van je lees, maar ik vind m erg leuk!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete