Pages

Monday 27 June 2011

Edinburgh

I moved to this wonderful Scottish city a few weeks ago, and what a change it is! There is so much to explore, and so many things to do here during the summer months.




On one of my first cycle trips around town I came past a bar called The Regent, and told my boyfriend I liked the look of the place. A quick search on Google reviewed that it's actually a gay pub. Not a cheesy, karaoke, Madonna-loving place, but rather a pub with comfy sofas, great beers and lots of vegetarian food options that just happens to also be gay. (Insofar a pub can be gay.)




Luckily, my boyfriend is not the type to be scared of gay venues, so as a result we went in yesterday for a pint. I was very happy to see Hoegaarden on tap, less so when I found out that the pint I ordered was going to cost me £4.50. Besides Hoegaarden they have a variety of other beers, several ales and Old Rosie Cloudy Scrumpy Cider, which I'd definitely like to try just for its great name.




All in all, this is a great pub that is not only very close to my new flat, but moreover because of its good selection of drinks and food and its very relaxed atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment